Dental Implant-Retained Dentures - Torrance, CA
Replace Any Number of Missing Teeth
When several teeth have been lost, a denture can fill in the gaps and restore your ability to eat and speak like you are used to doing. However, people who wear traditional dentures may struggle with finding a proper fit -- and their teeth may slip and slide around as a result. Dental implants in Torrance can fix that problem. Keep reading to learn about all the benefits offered by dental implant-retained dentures in Torrance, CA and whether this option may be right for you.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer a number of advantages for patients who have experienced single or multiple tooth loss, especially for patients with dentures. Some of the most considerable benefits of this option are listed below.
- Improved denture stabilization thanks to the support of a stable foundation
- Eliminate slippage and oral sores that occur with loose dentures
- More natural-looking than a tooth replacement which rests on top of the gum tissue
- Easier to clean compared to other options
- Promote oral and overall health and wellbeing through improved nutrition and self-confidence
- More comfortable than a traditional denture which rests on the gums
- Eliminate lisps and whistles in speech which may occur with an ill-fitting denture
- Can improve prior dental misalignments, like gaps between teeth or tooth crowding
- The best financial investment, as dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care
- And many other benefits of a stable, long-lasting tooth replacement
How Does It Work?
Your implant dentist in Torrance will choose one of two methods for your implant denture: ball implant stabilization or bar implant stabilization. Both are removable options which you will take out to clean after eating and soak when you sleep at night. No matter which option is right for you, a minimum of 2 dental implants is required for each.
Ball Implant Stabilization
With this method, external, ball-like attachments are built into the dental implants, which fit neatly into the denture. This can also happen in reverse, with the ball attachments built into the denture and fitting into the dental implants.
Bar Implant Stabilization
With this method, 5 to 6 dental implants are implanted in the jaw and then attached to a thin, curved metal bar that runs along your jaw bone. The denture then connects to clips which latch onto this bar.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implant Dentures
There is no fixed price for an implant denture in Torrance, and you will need to schedule an appointment with our dental office to find out precisely what you can expect to pay for your treatment. The cost of an implant denture is higher than that of a traditional prosthetic for two primary reasons:
- Two-step treatment: Dental implants require an initial surgical procedure for the placement of the posts, followed up by the treatment in which an abutment is affixed to the top of each implant.
- Long-lasting investment: With proper care, an implant denture can last far longer than can a traditional denture.
Caring for Your Dental Implant Dentures
Follow our maintenance instructions to a tee to help your denture last as long as possible. Clean your denture once a day, rinsing it after each meal, and brush and floss your teeth as recommended to keep your remaining natural teeth healthy. Notify our dental office as soon as possible if you notice your denture becoming loose or causing any discomfort.