Single Tooth Implant – Torrance, CA
Restoring Smiles From the Root Up
Missing teeth are problematic for your smile’s aesthetic and overall oral health. Should you choose to leave the gap in your smile untreated, it can lead to bone deterioration as well as shifting and loosening teeth. Fortunately, at Blue Coast Dental Group, our team of expert dentists can restore your smile and improve your oral health with the help of single tooth dental implants in Torrance! Using safe and effective materials, these tooth replacement solutions are superior in quality and longevity. If you’re ready to say goodbye to the gaps in your smile, call us to schedule a consultation today.
Tooth Replacement Options
Replacing a missing tooth can be done one of two ways: a fixed bridge or a single tooth dental implant.
- Fixed Bridge: A fixed bridge is made up of three fused dental crowns that are placed over two natural teeth and the gap in your arch. Your natural teeth must be filed down in order for the crowns to fit correctly, and the vacated socket will have a prosthetic sitting on top of the gums to restore the look of your smile.
- Single Tooth Dental Implant: This method of tooth replacement is great for patients wanting stability, greater functionality, and an easy to maintain restoration. Not only are they surgically placed into the jawbone to create a solid foundation, but they also look and feel completely natural because they’re truly replacing your tooth from the root up.
What Are Single Tooth Implants?
A single tooth implant consists of a titanium post that mimics the tooth’s root, a small appliance called the abutment, which is a connector between the implant and restoration, and the custom prosthetic that sits on top.
When patients are missing one or more teeth that are not consecutive, these tooth replacement solutions are a great alternative to a traditional bridge and crown fixture.
During your initial consultation with your dentist in Torrance, you will have impressions taken of your smile. Using a shade guide, the color, size, and shape of your natural teeth will be noted and sent along with your impressions to a dental lab. There, technicians will craft your custom dental crown. Our team at Blue Coast Dental Group will then make a small incision in your gums and surgically place the dental implant. After closing up the surgical site, you will go home to heal for the next few months.
While at home, osseointegration will occur, which is the fusing of the implant to the bone and surrounding tissues. Once you’ve fully healed, you’ll return to have the abutment and custom restoration secured into place.
Benefits of Single Tooth Implants
There are multiple benefits to single tooth dental implants, all of which can have you looking and feeling better about your smile. To get an idea of how these small restorations can help you, take a look at some of the benefits:
- Improved oral health – Single tooth implants restore your tooth’s structure from the root up, stimulating the jawbone.
- Greater stability – You’ll never have to worry about it becoming loose or falling out.
- More natural look and feel – Because the implant is surgically placed into the jawbone, it acts just like a normal tooth, so it will feel natural as well as blend in with the rest of your smile seamlessly.
- Longer lasting – Dental implants are designed to last decades or longer.