Cosmetic Dentistry - Torrance, CA
Creating Beautiful Smiles
We know how important a confident, beautiful smile is to a patient’s self-esteem. That’s why Dr. Hamzehpour at Blue Coast Dental Group offers some of today’s most popular options for cosmetic dentistry in Torrance, CA. With these treatments and our commitment to personalized service, we can help you achieve the dazzling results you have been looking for. From porcelain veneers and teeth whitening to metal-free restorations and direct bonding, we also offer nightguards and athletic mouthguards to help you preserve your new smile’s appearance and good health for years to come. If you are an athlete or you struggle with teeth grinding, let us talk to you about the benefits of these two appliances.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Yes, cosmetic dentistry is meant to improve your appearance and boost your confidence levels. But what you might not realize is that there are substantially more benefits you will receive when choosing to address the various imperfections on your teeth, some of which include:
- Improved oral health
- Fast results in only 1 or 2 appointments
- Long-lasting results
- Eliminating imperfections of all types
- Enhanced appearance and confidence level
What Problems Can Cosmetic Dentistry Fix?
Fortunately, most cosmetic dentistry procedures are extremely versatile, which means they can address all types of imperfections and flaws. These include:
- Gaps between teeth
- Minor misalignments
- Crooked or misshapen teeth
When sitting down with your cosmetic dentist in Torrance, you will go over what areas of your smile you would like to minimize or hide. From there, we can create a personalized treatment plan that will include recommended treatments to help your smile look and feel its best.
For patients with stained, cracked, chipped, or misaligned teeth, a gorgeous smile is easy to achieve with porcelain veneers. Made from thin pieces of dental porcelain, your veneers will be placed over the front of your teeth to create the appearance of a beautiful, white, and perfectly shaped smile. A full veneers procedure can typically be completed in just two to three visits. In the end, you can look forward to enjoying your new smile and the confidence that comes with it for the next 20 years.
Metal-Free Dental Restorations
Dr. Hamzehpour offers porcelain crowns to help patients restore the strength and appearance of a cracked, chipped, or decayed tooth. A full crown procedure typically takes just two appointments to complete. In the first, Dr. Hamzehpour will take an impression of your tooth and design your crown. She will also prep your tooth and attach a temporary crown. When your permanent crown is ready, you will come back to our dental office to have your temporary removed and your customized restoration put in place.
Ready to finally take care of that one pesky stain, chip, or gap that has bothered you for years? With direct bonding, we can do it in an hour or less. For this, Dr. Hamzehpour will place a color-matched composite resin to any damaged/missing enamel and use it to sculpt a tooth into the perfect shape and size. After hardening it with a curing light, you’re finished! This treatment is fast, painless, and the results can easily last for 10 years.
If all you want to do is brighten your smile, Dr. Hamzehpour is proud to offer two powerful teeth whitening options. With in-office whitening, you can achieve remarkable results in just a single visit to our Torrance dental office. Meanwhile, patients who would prefer to whiten their teeth in the comfort of their own home have that option with take-home whitening. If you are not sure which option is right for you, let us talk with you about your needs. We would be delighted to help you decide.
Do you suffer from multiple or complex dental issues that are robbing your smile of its aesthetic potential? Our smile makeover service may be just what you need! We’ll begin by consulting with you to discover what you would like to achieve. Then, we’ll design a custom treatment plan that may include both cosmetic and restorative procedures, such as teeth whitening, veneers, dental crowns, and more. When you complete your smile makeover, you’ll have a set of healthy, gorgeous teeth that you will be eager to show off!
Understanding the Cost of Cosmetic Dentistry
Unfortunately, there is no set cost for cosmetic dentistry. Each service is different, as is every patient. During your consultation with Dr. Hamzehpour, you will discuss which areas of your smile should be treated as well as which services fit within your budget. Various factors are considered when formulating a cost estimate, some of which include:
- Type of service you choose
- How extensive the treatment must be to achieve results
- Whether any pre-cosmetic dentistry dental work must be completed (i.e., periodontal therapy, fillings, etc.)
Most dental insurance companies do not cover the cost of cosmetic dentistry; however, should you require a restorative treatment as well (i.e., dental crown), a portion of it may be covered. No matter if you have insurance or not, our team will happily work with you to identify alternative payment methods for your treatment.
Which Cosmetic Dental Service is Right for Me?
There are many different options available when it comes to cosmetic dentistry. At Blue Coast Dental, we are pleased to provide an array of services to interested individuals. When meeting with your cosmetic dentist to discuss, you’ll discover that each service is different and has its own price point:
- Porcelain Veneers: These thin sheath coverings fit over the front surfaces of teeth and take only two appointments to complete. Capable of lasting 10-15 years, they are viewed as a permanent cosmetic option because a small portion of tooth enamel must be removed. They are often much higher in price than other solutions, but they can transform your complete appearance.
- Metal-Free Dental Restorations: If using metal-free dental restorations to hide cosmetic flaws, the price will climb quickly. If using these to safeguard your smile from future reinfection and damage, one or two may be a viable and affordable option.
- Dental Bonding : Much less invasive than other forms of cosmetic dentistry, dental bonding is reversible and can last 10 years or more. It’s easy to apply and can be completed in just one visit to our office.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is a great way to improve the look of your smile quickly, easily, and affordably. While you may be tempted to purchase an over-the-counter whitening kit, it’s best to invest in professional whitening to ensure a safer, more even result.
- Smile Makeover: When compiling two or more cosmetic services into one treatment plan, various factors must be considered, which is why a smile makeover can range in price from affordable to expensive.
Cosmetic Dentistry Can Be An Investment Worth Making
Although cosmetic dentistry is indeed focused on your aesthetics, the reality is that by addressing flawed areas of your smile, you also improve the state of your overall oral health. When you like the way your smile looks, you’ll learn to take better care of it. This reduces the number of cavities and cases of tooth decay while also minimizing gum disease, oral cancer, and tooth staining. You become more mindful of your smile and commit to ensuring optimal oral hygiene habits from now on.
How to Make Cosmetic Dentistry Affordable
Since dental insurance is unlikely to cover the cost of your cosmetic dental treatment, there is an alternative way to pay so that you can avoid increasing out-of-pocket costs. With flexible financing through CareCredit, you can sign up for a low-to-no-interest payment plan that has no surprise fees. Instead of paying the entire amount upfront, you can stay within your budget and pay it off over several months.
Cosmetic Dentistry FAQs
If you’re unhappy with your teeth, your cosmetic dentist can help you achieve the picture-perfect smile you deserve. Although you’re excited to start your journey to improved self-esteem, we know you have a few apprehensions before you’re ready to commit to a treatment plan. There isn’t any reason to worry. We’ll explain everything during your initial consultation. While you wait for your visit, here are the answers to a few of the most common questions patients ask us before beginning cosmetic treatments.
Which cosmetic procedures are right for me?
There isn’t any way to determine which procedures you’ll need without first assessing your concerns and discussing your goals. Depending on the results you want to achieve, you might be a candidate for one or more procedures, such as:
- Porcelain Veneers: Thin shells are bonded to the front surface of your teeth to instantly cover a variety of cosmetic imperfections at once, like chips, cracks, and discoloration.
- Metal-Free Restorations: Tooth-colored fillings and all-ceramic crowns are customized to match your enamel to blend in with your natural teeth.
- Dental Bonding: A composite resin material is applied to your tooth and sculpted into the ideal shape to correct minor aesthetic concerns.
- Teeth Whitening: Get your teeth as much as 8 shades brighter using a professional whitening system.
Can my teen benefit from cosmetic dentistry?
There are many cosmetic treatments suitable for teens, like metal-free restorations and dental bonding. Depending on their needs, we’ll create a customized treatment plan to give them a confident smile.
How long will the process take?
The duration of your treatment varies depending on the procedure that is used to enhance your smile. Some can be performed in a single visit, while others might require multiple appointments. We know your time is valuable, which is why our office uses the latest techniques and technologies to streamline your care without compromising the results. We’ll explain how long you can expect the process to take during your initial consultation.
How much does cosmetic dentistry cost?
There isn’t a set fee for cosmetic dentistry because the cost is based on your individual treatment plan. We’ll provide you with a customized estimate during your consultation and discuss the amount you will need to pay. Our office accepts a variety of payment methods, including third-party financing. We will help you find the solutions you need to achieve your dream smile without breaking the bank.
Can I use my dental insurance?
Every insurance policy differs; however, most dental plans can’t be used to cover cosmetic services, but there are some exceptions. Certain cosmetic procedures also offer restorative benefits. As a result, if it is necessary for your oral health you may be able to use your coverage to help offset the cost, such as for dental bonding. A member of our team will work on your behalf with your insurance company to maximize any applicable benefits. We will take the time to explain how your coverage is being used and any remaining balance.