Implant Dentures – Torrance, CA
Replace Your Teeth with a Stable, Lasting Solution
When several teeth have been lost, a denture can fill in the gaps and restore your ability to eat and speak like you are used to doing. However, people who wear traditional dentures may struggle with finding a proper fit, and their teeth may slip and slide around as a result. Fortunately, this problem can be eliminated by securing a denture onto dental implants. Not only are implant dentures as stable as natural teeth, but they can last several times longer than conventional dentures. Contact our team at Blue Coast Dental Group today to learn how implant dentures in Torrance, CA can benefit you!
Why Choose Blue Coast Dental Group for Implant Dentures?
- Dental Implants Placed by Our Experienced Periodontist
- Our In-House Prosthodontist Creates Lifelike Replacement Teeth
- Flexible Dental Payment Plans Available
What Are Implant Dentures?
Implant dentures are designed to recreate the look, feel, and function of your natural teeth – to the point where no one except you and our dental team can even tell the difference! A personalized full or partial denture is attached to a small number of dental implant posts that we have surgically placed in your jaw. Depending on your preferences and oral health needs, your implant dentist in Torrance will recommend one of the two main types of implant dentures:
Fixed/Permanent Implant Dentures
An implant denture can be fixed in place, only able to be removed by a dentist. With this method, you can brush and floss your teeth as if they were natural. Fixed implant dentures require four to six dental implants on average, but they allow for greater long-term flexibility.
Removable Implant Dentures
If you’re already used to wearing a denture that you take out to clean, we can make your implant denture removable. This solution only requires two to five implants in most cases, so it may be ideal for patients with lower jawbone density.
The Implant Denture Procedure
The implant denture treatment process involves a few phases. The first of these is preparation, in which we might need to perform one or more procedures (such as bone grafting, tooth extractions, or gum disease therapy) to ensure your mouth and jaw are ready for dental implants in Torrance.
Next, our in-house periodontist, Dr. Maria Galvan, surgically places the implant posts at strategic angles and locations in your jaw. Over the next four to six months, the implants fuse with your jawbone tissue in a process called osseointegration. Once this process is complete, your custom denture will be designed and placed by Dr. George Cho, our experienced prosthodontist.
While the implant denture process spans more time than that of traditional dentures, trust us when we say the benefits are well worth the wait!
Am I a Candidate for Implant Dentures?
Thanks to advancements in dental technology, as well as the expertise of our team members, virtually any patient who wishes to replace most or all of their teeth is eligible for implant dentures. That said, the ideal candidate for implant dentures is:
- Free of any chronic health conditions that could complicate surgery or healing.
- In good enough oral health to support dental implants (or is willing to undergo the necessary preparatory procedures).
- Committed to maintaining great oral hygiene once the implants have been placed.
Benefits of Combining Dentures & Dental Implants
While implant dentures require a lengthy treatment timeline, they’re worth the investment due to the numerous benefits they provide, which include:
- Prevention of slippage and gum sores that occur with loose dentures.
- Elimination of lisps and whistles in speech which may occur with an ill-fitting denture.
- Incredibly lifelike appearance.
- Easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Enhanced chewing ability that allows you to enjoy nutritious foods.
- Wise financial investment, as dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care.