Are Your Gums Bothering You? Take Our Quiz!
Gum disease can be surprisingly difficult to catch on your own, mainly because the symptoms can go by unnoticed. In honor of February, which is Gum Disease Awareness Month, we encourage you to take our gum disease quiz below. If you answer yes to one or more of the following questions, we recommend you give us a call:
- Do you notice red or purple gums?
- Do you smoke or use tobacco?
- Do you notice gum sensitivity?
- Are you over 65 years of age? (70% of Americans 65 and older are estimated to have periodontitis, a more severe form of gum disease)
- Are your gums bleeding after brushing or flossing?
- Are your gums pulling away from your teeth, making them look longer?
Speak with an Expert at Blue Coast Dental
In the event you fear that you have gum disease, our highly experienced periodontist Dr. Maria Galvan is prepared to help get your oral health back to a positive state. Whether you need scaling and root planing, antibiotic therapy, soft tissue laser therapy, or gum surgery, she can provide a treatment plan that addresses your symptoms at the source. Simply give us a call and we’ll help you get the professional care you need!