Cigna Dental Dentist in Torrance, CA
At Blue Coast Dental Group, we are dedicated to helping patients receive all of their necessary dentistry treatments without blowing their budgets. One of the ways we ensure affordable treatment plans is by processing and filing dental insurance claims for most PPO dental insurance providers. We also offer in-network coverage for many plans, including Cigna. If you are covered by Cigna or any other PPO insurance plan, please let us know before your first appointment. We’ll do our utmost to maximize your benefits and help you with any of your dental insurance questions. Give our Torrance dentistry team a call to find out more or schedule an appointment with us. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Your Cigna Dental Insurance Policy
Every Cigna benefit plan represents a unique agreement between the patient and the dental insurance provider. In order to provide accurate estimates for your treatment costs, we’ll need to take the time to review your individual benefits. In most cases, Cigna plans provide the following treatment coverage:
- 80 to 100% coverage for checkups, cleanings, and other diagnostic and preventive care
- 50 to 80% coverage for fillings, crowns, dentures, and other restoration options
- When elected, orthodontic treatment may receive between 25 and 75% coverage
In-Network VS Out of Network Care
As an in-network provider with Cigna, we have agreed to the pricing they deem fair and average for dental treatments. That means you will only need to cover the out of pocket costs of each service. When you visit an out of network dentist, they may charge slightly higher fees, but you will need to pay the difference in pricing as well as your out of pocket percentage of the insurer’s dental fees. While these differences in pricing are typically negligible, visiting an in-network dentist ensures you won’t have to worry about it.
Tips for Maximizing Your Benefits
In order to make the most of your Cigna plan, keep the following tips in mind:
- Visit our dental office very six months for dental checkups and teeth cleanings. This is the best way to keep your smile healthy, and these services typically receive the greatest percentage of dental insurance coverage.
- Understanding your annual plan maximums is important to ensure you receive the highest amount of coverage for your dentistry services. Each dental insurance policy sets a different annual maximum. If you need an advanced treatment, it may be best to plan to receive the treatment over the course of two insurance plan years since many benefit plans only offer $1500 a year in coverage for all services.
- As soon as you notice any dental health issues, you should seek treatment immediately. Most benefit providers offer coverage for a higher percentage of the costs of conservative treatments than more advanced procedures.
At the time of service, we ask that patients be prepared to remit payment for their portion of the cost of dental care. We accept payments in the form of cash, check, and credit. We are also happy to work with CareCredit to offer low and no interest financing plans for most dental care services.