Dental Insurance Coverage
At Blue Coast Dental Group, we know dental insurance is an important factor for many of the patients we treat. That is why we are committed to working with providers to ensure you can always maximize your investment in your dental health! Our team has significant experience in dental insurance, and we will work to help you get all the benefits you are eligible for. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with our office to discuss the particulars of your plan at any time. We are an in-network dentist with a number of dental insurance providers, and we accept all other PPO plans as well. Keep reading to learn more from your Aetna, Anthem, Delta, and Cigna dentist in Torrance!
Dental Insurance: The Basics
Here are some important terms you should know when learning about dental insurance.
- Premium : The fee that you or your employer pay monthly to maintain coverage.
- Annual Maximum : The amount up to which your dental insurance plan will pay for your care during the calendar year. Each member of the policy usually has their own annual maximum.
- Covered Cost : The amount that you can expect your dental insurance to pay for any given service.
- Out-of-Pocket : The amount you must pay for a given service.
What Your Dental Insurance Plan Covers
While the exact details of your plan may vary based on what you pay as a premium, most dental insurance plans work the same way when you visit your Aetna dentist in Torrance. They are usually set on a fee-for-service basis, meaning you pay upfront for benefits you receive as needed. Most covered treatments are paid on a percentage basis, with a share of cost or "coinsurance" on some services.
- Preventive Care: Often covered at 100%. This includes two checkups and cleanings per year as well as dental sealants, a set of X-rays, and sometimes fluoride treatments.
- Basic Restorative Procedures: Often covered at 80%. Basic restorative care includes fillings, simple extractions, and some gum disease treatments.
- Complex Restorative Procedures: Often covered at 50%. This includes crowns and bridges, complex root canals, and others.
- Cosmetic dentistry and other elective procedures are usually not eligible for coverage under dental insurance plans.
To make the most out of your plan, make sure you take advantage of the preventive services that are often fully covered by your insurance. There is some truth to the old adage that "Prevention is the best medicine". Undergoing routine preventive care can help you avoid the need for more complex treatments altogether.
Our In-Network Dental Providers
At Blue Coast Dental Group, we are pleased to be in-network with Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, and Delta Dental insurance. That means we have come to a contractual agreement to provide services at a previously-determined rate.
However, unlike with medical insurance, you are not necessarily penalized by visiting a dentist who is not in-network with your provider. We accept all PPO insurance plans and will always work with patients to ensure they receive the most out of their investment in dental insurance.
If you are interested in learning more about your dental insurance coverage, please do not hesitate to get in touch with your Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, and Delta Dental dentist in Torrance today!